"Over 65 different types of cheese and a vast variety of Dutch food. Staff are very helpful and friendly." - M.R., Wellington.

Hours

  • Mon -
  • Tues -
  • Wed -
  • Thurs -
  • Fri -
  • Sat -
  • SunClosed
  • HolidaysClosed
Reviews

Add your review

Popped in to get some pick your own Dutch lollies, ended up walking out with four types of cheeses! So damn yum. 60% of their cheeses are imported from Netherlands; the other 40% is made in New Zealand, but still Dutch cheese!

Amazing variety of cheese!

While The Dutch Shop in Petone has a dazzling array of imported goodies, from hazelnut spreads to tinned fish, candy to clogs, nothing comes close to their cheese counter. Whether you're looking for something traditional (gouda, goat, or blue) or more adventurous (try the spicy sambal cheese or get your eyes watering with wasabi), The Dutch Shop has you covered. Plus, they're accommodating. They'll send you home with a full wheel or just a slice, depending on what you need.