Bamboo KitchenEden TerraceWhat’s not to love? This place has a great range of menu options, from standard fish & chip fare to the Chinese dishes there will be something to please everyone. Most of their dishes can be ordered in half size too so I often get two halves if I can’t decide.
The MomentNewmarketThe crispy fried chicken is sooo good. I’ve also had the pork buns and dumplings which are all really lovely. Great value too!
Bian Sushi & DonburiNewtonConsistently great sushi!
- 13Great place to start our journey of camping around the coast. We drove basically from Auckland to Whakatane and spent the first night in Ohope. Great camp site, facilities are lovely and it was really busy.
Te Araroa Holiday Park & MotelTe AraroaThis place is great, tucked away right on the east coast, a short walk to a pretty much secluded beach where I swam alone with a bunch of wild horses and foals just chilling on the beach! Loved it!
Tatapouri Motor CampPouawaGreat spot to stay, you’re close enough to get in to Gisbourne easily and its stunning here. The beach is lovely and facilities are excellent!
- 16About a 100 km drive from central Auckland, this place is really achievable to get there within a reasonable time after work on a Friday night to still get some sunlight! Really handy with a gorgeous beach awesome for a weekend away!
- 211Not a long drive at all. Has a lot of beautiful Pohutakawa trees to enjoy in bloom before Christmas. Great spot, plenty of water!
Whangateau Holiday ParkWarkworthLess than 100 km from central Auckland, pop up here and enjoy Goat island and all the other great activities in the area!
- 122There is nothing nicer than picking your own strawberries in the summer! Usually sometime after Christmas is when they open every year. Great place to stop by if you’re out in Kumeu for the day!
Sweet RedMassey NorthA great spot in Massey to pick your own strawberries! Available from boxing day to february you can head out and forage for some lovely strawberries for your dessert!
Strawberry Corner AlfristonPapakuraOut by Ardmore, they show you how to pick your own strawberries, give you a basket and away you go. Lots of fun and the scenery is quite picturesque.
- 41A great place to pick your own strawberries! They have places in Kumeu, Coatesville, and Whenuapai. I’ve tried Coatesville but haven’t been to the others…. yet. It's a super spot to take the young ones when you have a weekend day on your hands.
Penang Cafe & RestaurantOtahuhuNot really a cafe but this place has such great food for a very very reasonable price. It’s not flash by any means but once the food comes out and you crack a couple of bottles of wine you’ll love it!
Mix Moon RestaurantNew LynnAnother great Asian fusion BYO / went here for a friends birthday and had a fantastic time. Highly recommended
Empress Garden RestaurantHerne BayBYO and has Yum char which I always find to be great value! The duck is amazing!!!
New Flavour RestaurantMount EdenBest value for money around!! Great dumplings too!
Catherine David DesignsRemueraI recently purchased the green jelly virgin mary. She is super cool, and looks amazing when the sun hits her. Love it!
NewbiesOnehungaLove the little planes I bought two packs - they are currently flying down my hallway!
Rhianna MayMount MaunganuiHave put up the Carmen and Queen of the Fairies print at my home - I get so many compliments I absolutely love them!
The French Art ShopPonsonbyThe place for art supplies!
the OBJECT ROOMPonsonbyGreat little store, lots of gorgeous products for the home!